Craft a Picture Book Biography
Concept to submission-ready manuscript
16-week online program via Zoom video communications,
Canvas learning management, and Slack collaboration and chat systems
Participants will be given access, instruction, and support for use of these tools.
Dates: Thursday evenings, January 17, 2019 – May 9, 2019
Times: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM CST
Cost: $320 (scholarships available; email email@example.com to inquire)
Instructors: Jenn Bailey and Tessa Elwood
Class Size: 20
Number of Sessions: Sixteen
Apply here now through November 15th, 2018
Open to published and unpublished authors worldwide.
Tell the untold story.
The Nonfiction Writers Intensive (NWI) is a workshop series created by Park University in collaboration with The Little Fig. NWI’s program teaches authors how to write nonfiction picture book biographies that showcase cultural, linguistic, ethnic, and/or gender diversity. Topics covered include:
- Essential elements in great picture book biographies
- Digging in – research and resources
- Sensitivity readers – keeping cultural bias and inaccuracies at bay
- Finding the heart of your story
- Design and layout with mockups and examples
- Individual and group critiques
- One-on-one editorial reviews
- And so much more
Manuscripts completed through this comprehensive workshop will be reviewed by The Little Fig. Selected authors may be offered a contract for multilingual publication.